We are looking for applicants who believe they can be the next generation of children’s illustrators.
What does Pathways involve and why should I apply?
- It’s for aspiring illustrators who are under-represented in children’s publishing, especially those from ethnic minorities.
- It’s open to illustrators who don’t have formal illustration training as well as to undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates.
- It’s delivered in partnership with a range of prestigious universities and publishers across the UK.
- It’s designed and tutored by world-class children’s illustrators, university illustration lecturers and children’s publishers.
- Its packed creative programme includes residentials, masterclasses, short courses, one-to-one mentoring and publisher placements.
- It develops successful professional illustration practice.
- It provides a foot in the door for every aspect of the children’s publishing industry including agencies, booksellers, programmers and producers.
When is the application deadline and when does it take place?
The deadline for applications is 2 September 2019.
The programme will run from December 2019 – September 2021.
How can I find out more and apply?
Find out more, download the application pack and submit your application at the Pathways website.
Pathways is funded by Arts Council England and 21 globally recognised publishers and universities.